How to Nominate a Business Owner?
Criteria for Eligibility - Company must be:
- From Glades, Hendry, Lee, Charlotte or Collier Counties
- Three or more years of business ownership
- For profit organization
- In compliance with local, state and federal business guidelines and regulations
Applications must include following information:
- Name of Company
- Contact Name
- Contact information (address, phone, e-mail)
- Type of organization (C or S Corp, LLC, Sole proprietor, other)
- Owners/shareholders/members of company
- Date company was started
- Number of employees
- Brief resume of founder or person responsible for company's success including personal accolades.
Please answer the following questions in a narrative format:
- Business profile and description of Product or Service
- Identify risks associated with the start of the company
- Demonstrated innovative corporate culture
- Answer the question "What has the business done differently to be successful in its industry?"
- Impact of the business's product or service to the industry (competition, improvement to industry, encouraged other new products, etc.)
- Markets/customers - local, national, global Narrative should be provided on a separate sheet of paper.
- Any outstanding awards or achievements company or owner has received
- Community participation and contribution (local participation in service organizations, nonprofit or community activities)
- Significant obstacles to overcome over the life of the company
Entries should be 10 font size, double spaced and not exceed four pages in length. Applications are being accepted Feb. 1, 2012 through March 31, 2012.
Applications can be mailed, faxed or emailed to:
Small Business Development Center at FGCU, 10501 FGCU Blvd., S.Fort Myers, Florida 33965-6565, Fax: (239)745-3710
For information please contact Dan Regelski firstname.lastname@example.org 239-745-3705 or Debra Newman (239)560-3648